A brief online CV.
Click here to download a detailed printable copy
- Communications: Skilled training needs analyst. Can quickly identify educational root of workplace issues and create practical solutions to maximise impact of intervention.
- Project management: Experienced in managing complex and innovative projects at a national and local level including programme management, resource development and professional development workshops.
- Teaching: Experienced adult educator, specialist in adult literacy. Experienced in designing quality programmes based on needs analysis. Able to assess and evaluate teaching and programmes.
- Professional Development: Expertise inCapable of creating a wide range of professional development packages to meet individual, target audience and organisational needs. Development packages have included direct training material and delivery, individual coaching and mentoring and team development.
- Resource Development: Able to create educational resources from conception to production: including funding applications; teaching and learning materials; facilitator guides and tutor training products.
- Personal: Post graduate qualified professional with a passion for making a positive difference in all educational forms. Proven record in applying problem solving skills. Self-motivated, highly organised and able to work to deadlines.
Governance – current positions
Chair: Ako Books. A social enterprise for Playcentre Federation providing print based resources for families and educators of young children.
Trustee: Comet Auckland. Comet provides high quality and effective thought leadership, research and project development to achieve cross-sectoral, city-wide collaborative action to contribute towards the social and economic goals of the Auckland Plan.
Director: New Zealand Equine Education Trust. New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Representative trustee member within a private training establishment specialising in providing training to thoroughbred and harness racing industry trainees.
Director: Marginz Consultants. Primary portfolio: developing sustainable adult education and training services within business. Secondary portfolios include: property development and management; Android application development and share market investment.
Sample of Contracts held:
Jan 2008 -present
Responsibilities: Contracted delivery of a wide range of education and training services including systemic development, professional development, assessment and evaluation, coaching and mentoring, resource development and relationship management.
Achievements: Projects delivered on-time, in budget. Management of key client relationships and complex content and deliverables. Positive feedback from all stakeholders including small and large commercial businesses; Industry training Organisations; private training providers, government and community organisations .
QED Associates: Adult Education Facilitator
NZ Thoroughbred Racing: Learning and Development Consultant
NZQA: TROQ Professional Advisor
ServiceIQ: Sector Manager: Retail and Wholesale
Ministry of Education: Youth Guarantee Resource writer
Tertiary Education Commission: Literacy and Numeracy Implementation team
University of Waikato: Professional Learning Project
Adult Education & Consulting: NCALNE facilitation
Te Kupenga O Manukau: ACE resource writer
Sadlers and Associates: Resource development
2014 New Zealand Institute of Directors: Finance Essentials, Next Generation Directors
2010 Auckland University of Technology: On-line Teaching and Learning
1998-2001 University of Auckland, New Zealand
MEd. Masters of Education – Adult and Higher (First class honors)
1989-90 University of Leeds, England
Post Graduate Certificate of Education. (Primary)
1986-89 University of York, England
B.A.(Hons.) Social Policy and Administration (2:1)
- (Co-writer) Walking Together (2013): Supporting Learning in Youth Guarantee. Ministry of Education, Wellington
- (Co-writer) Te Kupenga o Manukau (2010) Embedding literacy and numeracy into ACE. A suite of 5 introductory teaching resources for the ACE sector.
- (Writer) ITF (2010) ITO Literacy and Numeracy Good Practice Project: Literacy and numeracy in industry training
- (Writer) Symbiont (2010) Embedded literacy and numeracy: Essentials for training resources.
- (Writer) TEC (2010) A guide for developing resource material with embedded literacy and numeracy. A process guide for ITOs and resource writers.
- (Co-writer) Competenz (2009) OSH1 and OSH2. An embedded suite of resources including learners workbooks, learner assessment, facilitator guides and Powerpoint presentation, audio tracks and additional teaching resources.
- (Writer) Denny, G. Building our expertise: The professional development of foundation learning tutors. And: Where do we want to go? The role of assessment in foundation learning. In Bensemen, J & Sutton, A (2008) Facing the Challenge Dunmore Publishing, Wellington